In the interests of getting through some stash, I’m aiming to spend only $365 on clothing and sewing this year. This doesn’t count purchases for gifts, so this might be a particularly generous year! Here’s the January damage:
- On New Year’s eve I had a bit of an internet shopping binge and bought $130 worth of tights. On New Year’s day I decided these could only fairly count as a 2014 purchase, since they’ll be worn this year. Yowch, that’s over a third of my whole budget.
- 1.2m of black merino/nylon/elastane for yoga pants, The Fabric Store 40% off sale, $18. Already made up! I love them.
- Cable ties for Nailed It skirt, $2 shop in the city, $2.
- Papercut Bellatrix blazer pattern, The Fabric Store, $30.
- Remnant from The Fabric Store for blazer lapels, $4.
- Another remnant from The Fabric Store, fusible interfacing intended for blazer, $5.
- Buttons from Trademe, $3, aren’t they lovely? Into the stash.
January total: $192.
Remaining: $173. Roll on Frugal February.