I think it’s gorgeous, but despite three muslins I couldn’t get it to fit. A tantrum and a year later I came back to it, made a fourth muslin, and behold!
The main fitting changes I made were
1. adding a bit to the side seams, thereby also increasing the sleeve circumference, and
2. making the front side panel squarer, which I guess is a dodgy princess-seam FBA of sorts
The fabric is a textured cotton from my trip to Japan in April. It’s absolutely lovely but it does crease easily in the non-interfaced bits (sleeves and back mostly). The lining is a lighter cotton.
That’s pretty much it about the blazer. Here are the outtakes from a June photo shoot in Wellington:
(gale force winds!)
Ah well, luckily we’re a hardy bunch. And a bright mustard jacket is just the thing on a chilly grey June day.
- Pattern: Bellatrix blazer by Papercut patterns
- Fabric: textured cotton from Japan
- Alterations: widened sleeve, altered shape of side front to give a bit more room
- Next time: lengthen sleeve 1cm, add interfacing to top of sleeve and across top of back
- More versions: here, here, here, here, here, PatternReview