I was lucky enough to be able to visit my baby sister for her birthday this year, and I made her a dress for the occasion.
This is the Miz Mozelle from Jamie Christina.
I used a blue textured rayon, and jazzed it up with a bit of Japanese cotton bias binding. The cotton was swiped from fabric the Fashion Critic chose, for me to make into a shirt for him. Luckily we bought plenty so I think he’ll still get his shirt.
I think the rayon suits the blousy top.
The wrinkles are because it came straight from my suitcase.
It has an elastic waist so it’s a good choice if you’re likely to be eating birthday cake.
- Pattern: Miz Mozelle dress by Jamie Christina
- Fabric: textured rayon from the Fabric Warehouse, cotton trim from Japan
- Alterations: made one size bigger in the bodice and sleeves since the pattern is for a knit and I used a woven
- Next time: don’t bother upsizing for a woven, there’s lots of room
- More versions: here, here, here, here, PatternReview